Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeNexxus NewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just the newbie...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card
Nexxus ID: B.C
Faction: G.J.A.

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 7:12 am

"Kai, god damn it if you don't answer I will kill you..."

The cell phone screen remained blank, and Equinox cursed under her breath.

"The one time I actually NEED you to answer...you don't...thanks big bro, love ya too!"

The screen was still blank.

"For the love of-"

"There she is! GET 'ER!"

Before Equinox could think, the instinct to run took over, and before she new it, she was sprinting down the empty streets with only the lamps to light her way.

She couldn't use any of her photokinesis abilites without giving her postion away in the night, so all she had was the darkness and her fists on her side. Blowing a strand of auburn hair from her face, she could hear the cut throat thugs catching up to her.

Next time Kai wants something investigated...he can ask Blink to go! She thought angryly to herself. He is a telepath afterall, why can't he do his 'reserching' himself!

The ex thief quickly took a glance over her shoulder, the men hot on her trail. She knew these guys have been stealing weaponary plans from the country's top miltary suppliers. They were poressional and were clean; They never left a mark behind.

So their was no doubt in Rosella's mind that they would try to kill her.

Quickly skidding into a near by allyway, she swiftly and silently climbed the fire escape like a jungle gym, twisting her long legs through the bars to make less noise before jumping onto the conrete roof of the building.

A rooftop chase...I haven't had one of those since my 13th birthday...

Out of the corner of her green eyes Equinox cought a glimse of the thinner man loading his gun, before he could even lift his weapon, the teen turned and rasied her arm to the man. In a split second a blinding orb of light energy formed around her fist, a bright golden and yellow. She pionted the light and the gun was blown straight out of the thief's clutches by the focused energy.

Along with the weapon the man was pushed back over the side of the building, and Equinox was in the clear...or so she thought.

The cold familiar feeling of a blade was pressed to her throat and a strong agressive arm weaved itself around her tiny waist. Rosella automatically froze as the secound thief breathed down her neck.

"Were do ya think your goin' gorgous?"

Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card
Nexxus ID: Lane

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 4:43 pm

Suddenly, an attention-demanding whistle split the night. The thieves looked around until their collective gaze fell on a glowing green figure floating in the sky not far away, a smirk on his face.

"Heya guys!" he said. "Can anyone get in on this little party or is it an invite only affair?"

"Deal with him!" the leader barked at his flunky. The other thief drew another gun and pointed it toward the floating young man with a growl.

"See, this is why you criminals don't get the girl." the young man said. "You see the Lantern symbol and you still think a cap gun will work. Common sense, people!" he said as a pair of fighter jets materialized above him, glowing bright green in the night. "It's worth using."

breEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The miniguns mounted on the wings of the jets spooled up, making the high pitched whine that had so successfully forced the gun-toting thug to retreat in fear. Cowering, the man refused to look as the spooling sound reached a fever pitch. Then... from each of the eight barrels of both miniguns, a different flag shot. Each one had some variation of 'Bang!!!' scrawled on it.

Stunned, the man dove for his gun, but too late. A grappling hook landed on the revolver and pulled it skyward. The green hook dissolved, leaving the gun in the Lantern's hand.

"Now, then." the Lantern said, tossing the gun unceremoniously over his shoulder. Far below, where the gun landed in the street, a glowing green broom materialized and swept it into the sewer, though only after a ten ton ACME anvil landed on it, crushing it into a plate of metal. "Why don't you just let the girl go and I promise I won't hurt you."
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 5:13 pm

"Why don't you just let the girl go and I promise I won't hurt you."

Who the hell was this joker?

Although she could sence her captor's confusion and fear because of the sudden shakiness of his hand holding the knife, he refused to let Equinox go.

She was drawn between anger, frustration and fear. She had gotten herself into some stupid mess again and now a floating green stranger had to come and giver her a hand.

Wait! Ring...lantern symbol...green...Oh CRAP.

Correction, she was being assisted by a green lantern. And he had to be cocky too.

"Get outta here glowstick, this isn't of your concern!" The thief with the knife squecked, trying to short forceful as his eyes trailed over to his conrads.
"Glowstick...?" Equinox chuckled nervously, her fingers twitching so little gold glowing light sparked from her hands ever so slightly. "That kind of fits."

Pressing the knife closer to her throat, he glared. "Shut it dollface, if you move around you will make a mess..." The thief looked over to the green lantern again, his eyes not leaving him while he spoke.

"Then again, we can meet up again soon...a place a bit for private" He muttered before letting go of Equinox and roughly pushing her away. Pressing a button on his watch, the other thief and others on different buildings fled into the night.

Equinox glared at them as they left, her green eyes ablaze, her auburn hair whipping around her face cold breeze. She turned to face the lantern, arms crossed. "I could have gotten out of that myself, there was no need for you glowstick...but thanks anyway."

Last edited by Equinox on November 16th 2012, 4:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 5:54 pm

"Yeah..." the Lantern said, slowly hovering down and landing gently on the roof. "I don't like to take chances like that. Besides. Your friend had reinforcements on the way."

He walked up to the girl, looking around as he went. He still wasn't convinced that someone who had three times his duo's number on the way to back him up would just retreat so easily. Still, with no apparent sign that they were still under threat and no warning from the ring, he suspended his disbelief.

"Anyway." he said, looking around at the girl. "Name's Green Lantern. People call me Lantee. And you are...?"
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 6:16 pm

Equinox didn't like the emptiness that surrounded them...it was too quite. The green lantern was right, if he had reinforcements why did he run so quitely. Then again, he saw a tiny glimpse of what the lantern was capable of, and he knew prefectly well Noxxie was also not someone to mess with.

She was pretty sure she had left burn marks to prove it.

When he asked who she was, a tiny pang of panic hit her. He had saved her, but she didn't yet trust him. She was pretty sure 'green lantern' was his name his folks would have given him, so she wasn't giving him her birth name.

"Nice to meet you Lantee, I'm Equinox. Nox for short." she replied, unfolding her arms when she felt her phone vibrate in her black pant pocket.

NOW he replies...dumbass.

"So, what brings you here? did you get a tip about my little friends or something?" she asked, careful not to let any infomation accidently slip out. Rose studied the redhead for a momment, her green eyes lingering on his face. He looked young, but it was hard to tell in the dim light.

Last edited by Equinox on November 16th 2012, 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 6:59 pm

"Nothing so involved." Dana chuckled. "I was flying by and I happened to see your light. I'm what you might call mischievously curious. So I investigate and, bing, bang, boom. Here we are."

He made quite a few highly animated gestures with his hands during this highly compartmentalized explanation. But it all came to the same thing. Him wondering just what he'd stumbled into.

"So... this might seem like a... strange moment for second thoughts, but... uh..." he said slowly, itching his temple with a single finger. "What exactly did those guys want, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 7:13 pm

"Mischievously curious huh?"

Equinox quickly checked her phone, sending a very ah...colourful reply to Kai about the recent events. Shoving the phone in her pocket, Nox sighed as she deicded to explain who the men wanting her dead were.

"They were theives hired to steal high tech weaponary plans from particalur manufacturers across the country." She said, pushing her hair behind one ear.

"Some friends have been tracking them down for a month now and we predicted they would try A.C.T incorperations tonight...and we were right."

Equinox was still frustrated over what had happened. Her plan had backfired on her and she was an inch away from losing her life. "They didn't get what they wanted, so I managed to do one thing right tonight..." Nox grumbled and kicked a random can on the roof as she cursed her stupidity in head head.

"But know they know someone is on to them...so all my work goes down the drain..."

Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 8:11 pm

"Well, that is quite a conundrum, isn't it?" Dana said, folding his arms. It seemed as though he'd blown her little operation wide open. "Well, I guess it isn't all bad. You're still alive and those guys are still idiots. I'm sure they'll slip up again and you'll get 'em."

His ring glowed bright briefly and he considered retreating from the roof top before answering it, but there was little point. Whatever Hal had to tell him, he'd be discreet with company present. He held out his hand, balled into a fist, and the ring illuminated the rooftop in a flash before the light coalesced into the form of Hal Jordan in full Lantern mode.

"Hey. What's up?" Dana asked him as Hal looked Nox up and down quickly, his ghostly green form folding his arms.

"I'm going to the Hall of Justice. The League is having an emergency meeting." Hal said, looking back around at him. "Try not to get into too much trouble."

"Trouble?" Dana said with a smirk. "Never heard of it."

Hal nodded and his image vanished.

"Sounds like you aren't the only one having criminal issues tonight." he said slowly, looking around at Nox. "But since the boss is busy, looks like I have a little extra time on my hands. What say I give you a hand with your thieves?"
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 9:07 pm

Equinox green eyes widened as a glowing green man was projected from the lnatern's ring. she took a few steps back, eyes not leaving the hologram for a second...just incase something else would jump out. The unearthly green glow danced around the rooftop, Nox was so fasinated by the ring she didn't even notice the man in the projection look at her.

"This weird...cool. But weird." she muttered to herself, crossing her arms firmly across her chest.

"I'm going to the Hall of Justice. The League is having an emergency meeting." the hologram said, looking back around at him. "Try not to get into too much trouble."

"Trouble?" glowstick said with a smirk. "Never heard of it."

The image dissapeared, and the green lantern's eyes wondered back to Equinox before asking to help with the thieves.

Equinox tapped her chin for a momment, mowing over the request before answering.

He did save your butt, and he pretty powerful. Plus, you will be outnumbered without back up. Cerebral and Blink can't help on this one. She thought to herself. After a few seconds of silence, the light manipulator nodded.

"Alright glowstick, I could use your help...Now lets get off this building, we are burning moonlight!" she said with a tiny smile, before walking over to the fire escape.
Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 9:30 pm

"Burning moonlight." Dana repeated, shaking his head slightly. "That's a new one."

He followed Nox down the fire escape and onto the street. Even though it was late, there were still a few people walking about. It was no surprise in the area they were in when they ended up walking through every kind of night creep imaginable. Whores, pimps, drug-pushers. There was no end to them. Thankfully, most of them knew the symbol. They didn't stick around when they saw a Lantern walking down the street. Dana would never have bothered trying to stop this kind of crime. People chose drugs. And even whores needed to eat. But moreover, there was no way he could stop this kind of crime. It had always existed. It always would. If his presence delayed it, that was the most he could hope for. All that said, it was really the last thing on his mind.

"You know, I never appreciated how ridiculous this feels..." he said slowly after passing the fourth or fifth person who was shocked to see a Green Lantern walking along a sidewalk. "When I fly, I feel powerful. Now I just feel silly. Hm. Now I know why the Bat and all the others prefer running the rooftops."
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 10:03 pm

As Equinox walked down the almost empty streets, the familair smell of ciggarettes, garbage and rain on the concrete lingered on everything. Funny enough, she was used to it now...she was used to seeing the darkside of New York. This place had hardened her, made her a bit stronger.

A few people stopped and stared at the green lantern as they past, before scurrying away in fear. I guess everyone knew what a young man with a lantern symbol on his chest ment. As a few pimps eyed her from behind, a shiver ran down her spine as she felt thier eyes on her, so she quickly picked up the pace, almost forgetting the redheaded man in green was with her.

Just becuase she was used to it, didn't mean she liked it.

Equinox wondered if there was any piont going after the thieves now anyway. They would be gone by now, out of sight. Lantee's voice broke her thoughts, and gave him a small smile.

"That is probably because when you fly no one pays attention to what you are wearing. You don't blend in...in fact...you glow!" she laughed a little, shoving her heads in her pockets. "To be honest I don't like it much down here either, I like the rooftops. You can get where you want to go fast without inturptions. You can do what you want and no one sees."
Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 10:20 pm

"Well then, this might be a strange question, but..." Dana said slowly. "Why are we walking on the street?"

Just then, someone bumped into Dae. Dana'd seen him coming. 312 had warned him. But he hadn't paid it much attention. It wasn't a concern. He felt the ring sliding covertly off his finger and did nothing to stop the man as he kept walking the other direction. After a few feet, the guy started running. Grinning, Dae stopped.

"Hold up. You're gunna love this." he said, holding up a hand to delay Nox. None of the effects of the ring's power had diminished because it was removed from him. His suit, his mask, his energy field. All of it was still very much in tact. That thief thought he was slick. He was about to get a lesson in planning ahead.

Dana watched the man pick up speed, clutching the ring to his chest. Then, suddenly, he was thrown off his feet. Or rather... his feet ran out from under him. It had a lot to do with the fact that his torso had stopped dead when the ring he was carrying did. The thief rolled around on the ground groaning as 312 hovered over him.

"Heh." Dana said, grinning as he held out his right hand flat toward the ring, his palm facing the ground. "Yeah. That's why you don't steal from a superhero. We spend all our time keeping our enemies from stealing our tech, buddy! You didn't really think you could just lift a Green Lantern's ring like it was costume jewellery, did you?"

The moment he stopped talking, the ring shot at him like a bullet, aligning itself perfectly to return to his right middle finger exactly where and how it had been before it was taken.

"Oh, I love morons." he said, chuckling. "The entertainment value alone! Totally worth it."

He looked back around at Nox.

"So wait." he said, realizing something. "Where are we going, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 10:52 pm

Equinox was so lost in thought she almost walked into The lantern's hand. "Hold up. You're gunna love this." He said, Rose could practically hear the smirk in his voice. She raised an eyebrow before following the masked man's gaze towards a man breaking into a mad sprint.

"I don''t see wh-" before Nox could finish the man made an abrupt stop, as if he had run into a metal pole.

Equinox gasped and clutched her own stomach as the runn away doubled over in pain. Looking over to Glowstick, the light manipulator caught sight of a grin on his face. He held out his hand, palm to the ground, and something shot through the street like a bullet...and it was coming straight towards them.

Nox had no idea what is was at first...until she saw the tiny green lantern ring slide it's self back on Glowstick's finger where it belongs.

Equinox finally got what had happened and rolled her eyes, letting out a small laugh.

"Alright Glowstick, that's enough showing off." She smiled, nudging him gently. "Got to give him some credit, he did get it off you..even if he is a moron."

Nox checked her phone, her eyes not leaving the screen as she answered. "Meeting up to plan, Blink is just in the next block over." Putting her phone in her pocket she looked up. "He is a teleporter, once we get our sh- I mean stuff together, he can get us were we need to go in a blink of an eye."
Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 11:01 pm

"He got it off me cuz I let him." Dana said with a small laugh. "But point taken. I suppose the balls to steal a power ring from a Green Lantern does deserve some measure of kudos."

He nodded as Nox shared what she had in mind and then considered if there was any way he could immediately contribute to this little search as they walked. They found their way what he guessed was the meeting area fairly quickly and he found himself looking around for some sign of this Blink character. When it appeared that they'd reached the meet first, he turned his attention to Nox.

"Listen. I've been thinking." he said. "I might have a way to track them. You said they were stealing tech, right? If you could tell me what kinds of power cells the tech uses, I might be able to use my ring to track them down. Any high end piece of tech is gunna look really out of place on a scan if it's not where it's supposed to be..."
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 11:30 pm

Equinox looked up at the green lantern with her eyes wide...tha was a good idea. "Yea, sure. I've got a few papers in here that might hav-"

"Rose, who's the glowing ginger?" a harsh voice asked from behind her, the familiar tone uncharacteristicly bitter.

Equinox shot around to see Blink, A.K.A James Andrews leaning on the concrete wall.

"Blink! Shut it! he is going to help us, alright?"

Blink run is hand over his short black hair before shrugging.

"I was just asking! what's gotten you in a bad mood?"

"I had a knife pressed to my neck, that's why I am in a bad mood!" Equinox hissed, really wishing he didn't call her Rose. She sighed and handed a couple of sheets of paper from the inside of her jacket to the lantern. "That's a few lists of some of the hardware, skim through it and see if you can use any of that."

Rosella could feel Blink glaring at Lantee, the teleporter was never one for making friends. She silently hoped he wouldn't try and pick a fight, he had been doing that alot since...

"Seriously Rose, we don't need him! Me you and cerebral got this under control!"

Rose sighed heavily and crossed her arms.

Blink stood up striaght and before Rose could say anything he disappeared and reappeared looking over Glowstick's shoulder at the list. "So...what are you planning to do with that carrot top?"
Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 16th 2012, 3:08 am

"Well, you're just one hell of a ray of sunshine, aren't you?" Dana said slowly, watching Blink. No surprise, the broody git vanished and re-materialized over his shoulder. He sighed as the kid commented. "You know, if you wanna try and insult me, you're going to have to try harder than snarky comments about my drapes. I was born with red hair. Trust me. I've had plenty of time with the entire repertoire."

"That so?"

"Yeah." Dana nodded, peering over his shoulder at Blink. "But to answer your question, I was going to use my ring to scan for anything on this list that emits a power signature. If they're hiding their haul, it won't be anywhere that anything on this list should be. So it should be easy to pick out their locations."

Dana skimmed the list quickly before his gaze fell on item #27: - Hammer Industries Z12-455 Automated Anti Aircraft Rocket Vehicle.

"That!" he said, pointing it out. "Hammer Industries uses a particular type of lithium ion battery in lieu of regular car batteries for its vehicles." he remembered the details he'd read on the Hammer website once upon a time. It had been a particularly mind-numbing Advertising 101 project for school. "It gives off a distinctive signature. There shouldn't be that many of them in the city."
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 16th 2012, 3:44 am

Equinox did her best to keep her cool, resisitng he urge to strangle her best friend. Blink by himself and around Kai was usually good natured and kind...but at the momment his jerk meter was on a all time high.

Blink snorted as The green lantern explained his idea to track the stolen materials, resulting in Rose elbowing him hard in the side.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"You know Blinkee..." She smirked, and Blink childishly grumbled and crossed his arms, still looking over Glowstick's shoulder.

Nox walked closer and peeped over Lantee's other shoulder, her hair almost brushing the side of his face. Her emerald eyes followed his gaze, wondering what he was looking for in particalur.

After a few seconds he pionted out #27: - Hammer Industries Z12-455 Automated Anti Aircraft Rocket Vehicle. At first Nox was a bit confused, but he soon explained.

Rose smiled at the green lantern, resting her chin on his shoulder. "So, you think track down the thieves using that battery's signature?" She asked, feeling a bit better now they were one step closer to getting back at the cut throat thugs.

Blink stepped back a bit and vanished and reappeared infront of the redhead and Rose.

"No duh Noxxie! And get your head off his shoulder, you look like you are gonna give him a love bite!" he teased, smirking at them smuggly.
Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 16th 2012, 4:34 am

"Looks like our friend might deign to accept my help after all!" Dana said, folding up the list and handing it back to Nox while looking at Blink. "Let's see what we can find, then."

His ring glowed brilliantly for a few moments before diminishing. The scan had begun. With a thought, a construct materialized in front of the group, glowing green in the darkness. It was a scale model of the entire city, accurate down to the Starbucks cup he'd seen that inconsiderate yup toss in that planter outside of the drug store earlier that day. Of course, such minute details were meaningless. It was enough that the general shapes of all the buildings and roads were present and properly placed. Everything else was just him showing off. Within a few moments, small green rings indicating the locations of power sources which met the parameters he'd set began appearing on the model. Almost two hundred in all when all was said and done.

"See. Now, this is what's wrong with mass production." Dana said, folding his arms a bit, looking down at the glowing model.

"Great. So now we don't have to check a thousand places..." Blink quipped sarcastically. "Just a few hundred. Thanks for all the help."

"Oh ye of little faith." Dana muttered. He commanded the ring to change the shape of those sources which were located in secure holding facilities like bases, research labs, and police stations. Almost half instantly transformed into triangles. Twenty or thirty turned to squares when he commanded that sources too weak to be their target be eliminated. Finally, all but one turned to stars when he ordered that any that were not in close proximity to other specialized power sources be eliminated. With only one possibility remaining, he commanded the ring to rearrange the construct to show only the target area. It obeyed immediately.

"Seriously?" Dana said slowly as the building clarified. "A warehouse on the docks? Oh, this isn't cliched."
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 16th 2012, 5:20 am

"Show off..." Equinox muttered once the amazing map came to life, her eyes lingering over each mark changed shape, slowly eliminating the possiable theives den. One buy one the piont changed, untill only one place was makred by a tiny green star. The target enlarged to reveal it was a dock warehouse.

There was something familiar about the warehouse...but Rose couldn't but her finger on it.

"Cliched indeed...but that has to be the place." Nox whispered, backing up and tapping her chin. "We are about to enter the lions den here guys, we have got to be careful. We can't just waltz in there..."

"You won't be 'Waltzing' in, you are going to teleport in!" Blink grinned, winking. "Zoom in on the place, we can find a area that isn't so obvious for me to get you guys in. If I can see the location I want to go in my head, I cen smuggle everyone in and surprize the suckers!"

Equinox nodded, still unsure. Usually she rushes into things like this, and planning was not her strongest skill, but almost having your throat slit makes you extra careful. When Nox used to steal, she never hurt or killed anyone while doing so. But these guys were cold blooded killers. they were willing to take someone's life for large sums of money.

Rose pushed her long hair behind her ear, her eyes looking from Blink to the green lantern with concern lurking in thier beautiful greenish gloom.

What am I getting these guys into?

Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 16th 2012, 1:33 pm

"See these fuzzy blob things moving around?" Dana said as he made the image enlarge, pointing out what he was referring to. The Walls of the building split as the ring's scan intensified and they were able to see the interior of the place, its structure and levels. The 'blobs' looked like faint cylinders of white noise. "Those are people. Looks like our friend, Mr. Stabby has fifteen guys working for him at the docks. Maybe we should arrange a little distraction."

He considered the building carefully, formulating a plan in his head. Once he was satisfied that he had a good one figured out, he shared with the class.

"I'll fly there. It'll only take me a couple minutes." he said, a second, smaller construct map of the city appearing in midair, a flight path arcing from their current location to the warehouse's vicinity. "You guys teleport in here--" he pointed to a spot in a dark corner of the upper level of the warehouse that didn't appear to have any guards patrolling it. "I'll let them think I followed them back alone and cause a scene. I'll try to decommission as many of them as I can. While I have them busy, you guys do your thing. And voila! Surprise!

"You guys will probably get there first, though. Just wait and assess the situation. Figure out what you're going to do while you're waiting for me to make my entrance. And keep an eye out for Stabby. This is all for nothing if he gets away. He'll just recruit more guys and steal more stuff."
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 17th 2012, 12:48 am

Equinox nodded as the green lantern explained, thinking it through herself. She couldn't destroy the weapons without drawing attention to her and Blink and putting them in danger. Maybe Blink could teleport the weapons out of the warehouse while she snooped around for thier possiable next targets, or better yet, the person who hired them.

Rose knew for a fact that 'stabby' as glowstick called him was not the big guns behind this opperation.

Nox's eyes flickered over to where Blink was going to teleport them, wondering how long exactly they were going to have to sit and wait. Just thinking about this was making her nervous. Nox swallowed down her worries and looked up at the redhead. She half wondered if he was nervous. The lanterns were well known superheros, and most people forget that they are people too.

"Alright captain glowing leotard, we got this. Lets get this show on the road huh?" Blink said, hastily snatching Equinox's hand ready for when they had to depart and sending a dirty look at the same time.

Equinox rolled her eyes and looked over at glowstick, a nervous smile on her face. "See you there then.." she muttered, before vanishing into thin air along with the teleporter.

Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 17th 2012, 1:13 am

Dana nodded and watched the pair of them vanish, his constructs dissolving into wisps of green energy briefly before vanishing altogether just like his two allies. The moment they were gone, he shook his head.

"Captain Glowing Leotard..." Dana repeated slowly. "That dude needs insult lessons. That was just sad."

Glowing, Dana streaked skyward and blasted off toward the docks.

~~~~~
"Come on! Get everything loaded! We're movin' out in five!"

There was a flurry of activity inside the warehouse by the time Dana arrived. It appeared their thieves were getting ready to split. He guessed his intervention on the roof had Stabby shaken up enough to get the hell out of Dodge while the gettin' was good. Green Lanterns had that kind of effect. Staring down through the glass roof into the warehouse, watching the activity inside, Dana was planning his first move. Nothing like going for broke, though.

CRASH!

Glass showered down from the ceiling as a bright green bolt of light plummeted to the floor, landing in the middle of the room. Every eye fell on Dana as he stood, brandishing Civil War canon at Stabby.

"Drop it all or die!" he said in the most stereotypically law-enforcement deep voice. Dana had the sort of cheerful tone that just couldn't pull off dark and serious and be taken seriously. Of course... that was the joke.

"You don't know when to give up, do ya, kid?" Stabby growled, turning on him as every man one of his little minions loaded machine guns and closed in. "If you wanted a fight, you shoulda picked a better place. In here? You're on my turf."

"We'll see." Dana snapped with a smirk.

BANG! Or, at least, that's what the massive flag that popped out of the canon said.

"Hmph! Nice try, kid. But that trick only works once."

"Oh, I don't know about that."

The flag pole suddenly launched itself out of the canon and blasted Stabby right in the chest, throwing him backward into a truck. Every one of his subordinates watched this happen and then turned their attentions back to Dana.

"Hey, look, guys." Dana said, the canon dissolving as he raised his hands innocently. "Cockiness like that needs to be reigned in. You know what I'm sayin'? Heh! Uh... oh."

A dozen or so clicks later and bullets were bombarding him. But to no effect. The moment the thugs pulled the trigger, a dome of Spartan shields encased him, defending him from the gunfire. Every once and awhile, one of the shields would rocket out from the formation, hitting one of the thugs and knocking him out. Dana ducked in the middle of the formation, whispering to himself.

"Okay. I got their attention." he muttered. "Now it's your turn, guys."
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 17th 2012, 1:50 am

The sound of gunfire jittered from the floor below, ringing in Equinox ears.

Turning to Blink in the semi darkness, she pulled her hair back into a ponytail. "I guess that is our cue..." she whispered to him, and the raven haired boy nodded in responce.

Blink and Nox over heard the theives packing away thier finds earlier into a large metal shipping crate. Along with the plans and blueprints, there was a pile of prototypes and other weaponary and power supplies.

As the sound of bullets rebounding and a couple of yells increased, more thugs abandoned the loading and rushed to the ground floor to assist their workmates.

The two teens flee from the shadows as the last few cut throats leave, quickly getting to work.

Blink grabs a handfull of the plans and vanishes with them, returning in half a minute to do the same thing again.

"Do you know what's funny?" He begins before disappearing with his arms full then returning empty handed.

"What?" Equinox whispered back, her eyes flickering across the room.

"We are thiefing...from thieves."

"Shut up."

"Fine."

As Equinox scanned the room, something blue on one of the prototypes cought the light.

what the...?

Nox silently walked over to the object, her steps almost cat like before carefully picking it up. "A computer chip...?" she whispered to herself, studying the blue and white wires. Turning it over, a faint symbol of a knife with a raven sitting on top of it.

That was not on anything else in the room.

A loud bang snapped her out of her day dream and she quickly shoved the chip in her pocket, looking over to Blink who had the last of the items in his arms.

"What the heck was that?" the boy whimpered.

Back to top Go down
Dana Richter
Deputy Chief Admin
Dana Richter

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 17th 2012, 2:22 am

Smoke cleared as Dana pushed himself up off the ground, coughing. The explosion had thrown him clear across the warehouse. 312 did everything in its power to slow him down, but he still hit the vehicle with enough force to stun him. He looked around. Bodies were everywhere. Most were unconscious. He wasn't so sure some of them were still alive. Looking up, he spotted Stabby, a smoking rocket launcher perched on his shoulder. If it weren't for the phalanx Dana had summoned, he'd be dead.

"Come on!" he groaned, standing. "No fair. I didn't actually shoot you with a canon! What? Just cuz you're a villain, you can't return the favor?"

"You're still alive, aren't you?"

"But your guys!"

"Fuck 'em." Stabby growled. "They're just muscle. They knew the deal goin' in. We don't deliver, we're dead anyway. That's kind of our thing. Shoulda just let us run, kid! Now I gotta murder ya."

"Good luck." Dana said, squaring up on him as the man pulled another rocket launcher from the crate standing next to him, taking aim. He fired. The rocket soared across the warehouse toward Dana. Constructing a phaser, Dana tapped a button or two to set the Star Trek weapon's beam to wide dispersal and fired. The entire area in front of him was showered with a relatively harmless bath of emerald energy. The rocket, meanwhile, exploded in midair. A few button taps to set it to stun later and Dana hit Stabby with a solid blast of energy that made him collapse into a crumpled heap, the launcher rolling out of his hands.

"Not so lucky." Dana said, blowing on the emitter of the phaser as though it was a smoking barrel. The weapon dissolved. "Are ya, punk?"

Dana limped over to the little command center set up in the middle of the warehouse and took a seat. Somehow, it had managed not to be blown away by the successive explosions. He'd landed on his leg weird when he had been thrown by the first explosion. 312 was already working on the strained muscles. If he stayed off it for a bit, it'd be right as rain in no time. And since Stabby had done most of his work for him, it was a luxury he had.
Back to top Go down
Equinox

Equinox

Nexxus Card

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... EmptyNovember 17th 2012, 2:53 am

"There it is again? What's your carrot top doing down there?" Blink hissed, brushing off his hands coming out of the now empty large shipping crate. Equinox glared at the young teleporter as she regained her balance. The last blast had shaken the whole building.

The sound of gunfire had faded, and a eerie silence filled the warehouse. Rose felt a shiver run down her spine, and she checked if the mysterious blue chip was still in her pocket. "We better go down, I don't like the quiet." she said before breaking into a run down the old stairs to the bottom level.

Blink rolled his eyes and sighed before teleporting down, once he rematerialized he also stepped on an unconious thug's hand. Nox had gotten to the bottom and her eyes widened at the cut throats littered the concrete ground.

A few metres away from way she stood, a dust covered stabby lay, a canon next to him.

That explains the explosion.

Equinox spotted glowstick at the command center in the middle of the room and carefully avioded the as she made her way over. "Blink got all the stolen goods out, and I can see you did your job pretty well." she said, crossing her arms and sitting on a dead control panal next to him. "You alright...?"

Blink muttered something under his breath about the idiots having it coming before vanishing and appearing infront of Nox. "So now what? we dump the knocked out morons in the nearest jail hold?"

Equinox rolled her green eyes at the boy, before feeling in her pocket for the chip. She had never seen that symbol before, and it certainly wasn't any of the company's logo. Maybe it belonged to the guy who hired the theives?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just the newbie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the newbie...   Just the newbie... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just the newbie...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Paradox :: Manhattan & Brooklyn-
Jump to: