Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeNexxus NewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thrones of A Champion [Raven]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Starfire

Starfire

Nexxus Card
Nexxus ID: YoonBin
Faction: G.J.A.

Thrones of A Champion [Raven] Empty
PostSubject: Thrones of A Champion [Raven]   Thrones of A Champion [Raven] EmptyDecember 21st 2012, 11:54 pm

Prologue:

Pain.

Bones ached. Wrist was probably broken. Face battered and bruised. Blood trickled, dripped on the filthy ground. Chain marks. Broken ribs.

Aching moans above. Two, strapped and bound, sliced and still bleeding, one already deceased, paying dearly for my over-confidence. My friends, my dearest friends. Nothing could be done now , could not stop it, could not prevent even it, cough...cough....my fault they are suffering here.

A sliver of moonlight danced over head. Grass, rock, dirt and blood beneath me.

'But where is she?'

Chest burning with pain. Gurgled blood. A gash wound on my thigh to match the one just below my breast. . X'hal.

There was laughter, why was there always laughter? Taunting in the dark as thoughts struggled to comprehend. My brain too fragmented to keep up.

But I have too; I must.

"You've still got some fight in you, eh Princess?"

Cough and gag. Spit every ounce until you only see red. So fragile, is that what they think? A snarl is what you get, and the gnashing of fanged teeth. "You will not succeed, and I will be sure to personally bring you to your end, for what you have done!" I stagger and I stand, braced on painful knees. Royal knees. Warrior's knees.

"That's what I like about you," the darkness sniggled, "No regard for personal safety."

A quick glance to the left, a shimmer of green light and I can just make out the chains.

I was not getting out of here alive.

Oh well…

As they say, 'Let's go out with the bang'.

ACT ONE: The Courtesy Call

Jump City.

Ten hours southeast of Gotham city and a nesting ground for hipsters, skaters, and whatever other label you could put on just about anything that breathes. Skyscrapers as tall as it's bridge itself, and humble homes woven in with every sort of residential complex imaginable. Jump City was colorful, Jump City was freakishly scary at night....but most of all....that city was loud.

Which, didn't bother Starfire at all. The louder and livelier a city was? The merrier. And as she squeezed Beastboy into the barely there last spot on the park bench under the peach tree, she couldn't have agreed with her musings more.

"Staaaaaaaar!" Beastboy wriggled against Cyborg and pouted. Really, ten seconds in and the boy couldn't even sit still without whining his yap. "C'mon! I'm small but don't you think this is kinda tight?! Hennnnnnnh!"

Starfire rolled her eyes playfully, and rested a hand on her hip. "Beastboy, please, it is hot and you are too old to do the whining. Leave that for Silkie. I promise, this is the last picture." She swatted when he attempted to steal the camera from her. Cyborg just shook his head and yanked the changeling back into his tight spot and they both snuck a glance at Raven.

Fiddling with a number of buttons, she cursed under her breath and set the camera down on it's tripod. 'Better take it now while Raven is still in a good mood. Especially with the cloak discarded.' Floating over toward her spot, which was on Raven's left, Starfire twirled and plopped down on the bench.

And jumped up when a green cat meowed at her.

"Beastboy! That is not your spot!"
"I call this spot, I'm takin' my pic with Raven!"
Cyborg thundered behind him in an instant. "Oh no you ain't grass stain! You done had the LAST ten pictures with her! Move!"
"No!"
"You are to tho move this instance!"

And thus.....a glorious friendly fight ensued.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

Nexxus Card
Nexxus ID: B.C
Faction: G.J.A.

Thrones of A Champion [Raven] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrones of A Champion [Raven]   Thrones of A Champion [Raven] EmptyDecember 22nd 2012, 1:04 am

Raven crossed her arms over her chest, the sun's rays pelting down on her fair skin. The peach tree didn't do much for shade and the screeching sound of cars buzzed in her head like a nagging headache.

As her teammates fought over a particular spot, which happened to be right next to her, Raven's already short temper boiled inside of her. Why Beastboy insisted to sit by her in the already numorous photos Starfire took was beyond her.

"Can we just take the stupid picture? you know, sometime BEFORE the sun burns as all alive?" Raven hissed, her usually monotoned voice dipped in a touch of venom. Rae's trusty cloak had been discarded by Star, who had begged for a few pictures without the dark haired girl hiding in a black hood.

"How about we head back to the tower soon? All the colour is hurting my eyes." She said bluntly, about to stand up. "We sho-OWWW!" There was a bright flash of light as the camera went off, it's timer had run out.

Raven rubbed her eyes briefly and looked around at the four. "Alright, we have the last photo. Are you done? Can I put my cloak back on?" She asked, one thin eyebrow raised, her full lips pressed together in frustration.
Back to top Go down

Thrones of A Champion [Raven]
Page 1 of 1