Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeNexxus NewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lian Harper // Black Arrow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Black Arrow
Deputy Chief Admin
Black Arrow

Nexxus Card
Nexxus ID: Lane
Faction: Unaffiliated

Lian Harper // Black Arrow Empty
PostSubject: Lian Harper // Black Arrow   Lian Harper // Black Arrow EmptyOctober 16th 2012, 10:52 pm

Full Name:
Origin:
Residence:

Nickname(s):
Faction:
Affiliation:
Position:
Lian Harper
Female
Human

Washington D.C., District of Columbia, U.S.A.
Jump City, California, U.S.A.

Black Arrow // Scoper // Recurve // Overwatch
Global Justice Alliance
S.H.I.E.L.D. // The Avengers
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent // Avenger

Personality:
Quick witted and oft sharp-tongued, Lian is a goodhearted albeit conflict hardened young woman. On the heels of her father, she learned the skills S.H.I.E.L.D. prizes her for. This gave her a thorough love and preference for the bow, but also for the rifle. She enjoys the challenge of the difficult shot, the allure of the impossible. She's tough, determined, clever, and quite intelligent and above all, she does not accept failure. Her interests are her work and nothing else. Only one thing – one man – ever made any difference to that. It is to save him that she struggles. Anything else is an expendable.
Abilities:

Marksman:
Martial Artist:
Free Runner:
Appearance:
Height: 5'8” (1.72 m // 172 cm)
Weight: 137 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
A femme fatale in true form, Lian is as beautiful as she is deadly. Like her mentor, Agent Romanov, she dresses herself to S.H.I.E.L.D. standards, though she makes more than a mere effort to maintain every element of her appearance. In this way, she is well suited to play just about any part her duties might demand of her. A beautiful woman is welcome anywhere, after all.

Lian usually keeps her hair up in an elegant sort of bun or ponytail and usually secures it all with a simple pair of sticks. Of course, they aren't so much simple sticks as they are tools of one sort or other made to look the part. She wears a pair of sunglasses, a form-fitting S.H.I.E.L.D. suit, and a utility belt with a range of useful devices and tools.
Equipment:

Bow and Arrows:
Sniper Rifle:
Combat Hatchet:
Sunglasses & Utility Belt:

History: Born between two worlds, Lian is the daughter of Roy Harper, the good, and Jade Nguyen, the bad. It would have been three worlds, but there was ugly on both sides. Her father, the drug addict. Her mother, the career assassin. True to form, her mother wouldn't even let pregnancy stop her from fulfilling her contracts. In fact, Lian was born early while her mother was on a job in Washington D.C. It wasn't the most auspicious of births, but her mother loved her enough to know that there was no place for a baby in her world, the assassin's world. As soon as she was able, she gave Lian to Roy, her father, and left the raising of her chiefly to him.

Despite his new responsibilities, Roy found ample time to pursue justice as a member of the Teen Titans and then the Justice League. It wasn't until a close brush with a plot set down by Prometheus that he started keeping a closer eye on his daughter. Narrowly foiled, the plot would have destroyed numerous cities. It was only through the intervention of the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. that the crisis was averted in time. But with this newfound grade of protectiveness came an unseen byproduct – Lian began following in her father's footsteps. She began applying herself to the bow and to firearms. Her father's talent was present within her as well.

Roy, however, had other ideas. As his fear at the prospect of losing her to his just endeavors and the enemies he was gaining because of them reached an all-time high, he turned her over in part to the protection of S.H.I.E.L.D., calling in a favor with Nick Fury, an old acquaintance of Oliver Queen's. Director Fury entrusted Lian in turn to Natasha Romanov and Clint Barton, two of the most skilled agents S.H.I.E.L.D. had at its disposal. By then, then veteran Avengers had stepped away from their active roles in the group which had helped save Lian's life years earlier and were busy training new generations of agents. It was here that the son of Henry Stark, Johnathan first made Lian's acquaintance. Like many other sons and daughters of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most elite resources, they were all being trained by the best to be the best and Lian? Lian shined like a star above everyone else, just like John.

By age twenty, Lian and John were in a stable relationship, a dynamic duo who were also lethal lovers. They were shoe-ins for the A-Team of the Avengers and when John's grandfather, Tony stepped down, he was given his place in short order. Through no small stretch of finagling, Lian found her place amongst them as well. Trained by Roy Harper (who was himself trained by the legendary Oliver Queen), Clint Barton (one of the best archers who ever lived), and Natasha Romanov, AKA Black Widow, Lian was more than a choice, she was a necessity.

As overwatch for the Avengers, Lian gained a reputation for always being on top of things. She was the eyes and ears of the team, seeing everything and reporting to them upon it. As she had no need to be in close proximity to the mission area to provide support, she was the perfect candidate. Using the latest Stark tech, she defined herself quickly as one of the best S.H.I.E.L.D. had ever seen.

However, it wasn't to last. Nearing her 25th birthday, Lian, by then engaged to be married to John, was with her future father in law when the attack came. In a matter of moments, the explosion swept across the earth. Acting quickly, Henry Stark used a prototype transportation device to phase Lian into the past with one mission – stop the future from happening as it did. Now, deep in the past and with the help of a much younger Henry Stark, she is endeavoring with her every waking moment to do just that...

Nexxus ID: Lane
Back to top Go down

Lian Harper // Black Arrow
Page 1 of 1