Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeNexxus NewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For the birds...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Robin
Deputy Chief Admin
Robin

Nexxus Card
Nexxus ID: Lane
Faction: G.J.A.

For the birds... Empty
PostSubject: For the birds...   For the birds... EmptyOctober 30th 2012, 1:02 am

"Can you clear up the signal any, Babs?" Dick said, standing in front of the main screen of the tower, his arms folded. The image of Batgirl flickered on the screen in-between bouts of static. This was most unusual for Wayne Tech. The Manor's transmitter was one of the best in the world...

"Can... ar... I... n't..."

Dick blinked a few times and fiddled with the control panel. Maybe it was on their end. But it'd be the first time he'd ever known the Tower's transmitter to have these sorts of troubles. Cy was rabid about keeping the thing running properly. Everything checked out. Then, all of a sudden, the signal cleared.

"Can you hear me now?" Barbara Gordon's voice said, making Dick look back up. She was in her outfit and was still fiddling with the panel on her end.

"Yes!" Dick said, stepping out in front of the screen again. "The signal has cleared."

"Give me a moment to check and see if the transmission has been compromised. This kind of technical trouble is unheard of without outside interference."

"Agreed. I'll check from my end too."

A few moments later and both were sharing confirmation that their signal was secure. Like Barbara, Dick was in his costume. It was standard operating procedure. Even with a secure signal, one could never be too confident of who was listening in... or watching.

"So what's up? The Bat kick you out or something?"

"Please don't say stuff like that, Rob. You know I hate it when you do."

"Fine. What's up?"

"I have a problem. I'm on this case, looking for this thief. They're new in town but so far, they've already stolen secrets from three dozen different individuals. Mr. Fox of Wayne Enterprises was one of them."

"Fox? That is a surprise. Wayne Enterprises has the best security system in the world, or close to it in any case. Who would be able to get in there?"

"I don't know. The mainframe pulled down a few suspects, but I managed to catch up with the thief a few nights ago. They shot this at me--" she brandished an unusual arrow. The head of the arrow was unusually complex. It had a very technological look about it. Dick considered the projectile. "And I'll tell you something else. It's a woman."

"I guess that cancels out most of the bow-wielding hot-shots we know." Dick said. Roy Harper, Oliver Queen, Clint Barton... All of them used bows, but all of them were men. If Barbara had it right, that canceled them all out. And that's assuming the fact they were all on the side of Justice didn't cancel them out before their gender came into play.

"Right." Batgirl nodded. "With this new info, the mainframe is drawing a blank and, frankly, so am I. I asked you-know-who, but he's busy. The Joker's acting up again. I could really use your help here. And quick. Every night that passes brings a slew of other successful thefts. It's like nothing can stop this person. She just seems to... walk right in."

"Okay. I'll see what I can do, but I need to leave most of my team here. We've got our own crime spree to deal with."

"Do I look worried?" Barbara said with a devilish smile. "Who'd be able to slip past two of Bat's apprentices?"

~~~~~
Dick spent a good twenty minutes considering his options and came to a singular conclusion -- shadow was going to be the most valuable weapon in this search. And there was only one person in Titans Tower for that -- Raven. With a sigh, he knocked on her door sharply.

"Hey, Raven. Got a minute?"
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

Nexxus Card
Nexxus ID: B.C

For the birds... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the birds...   For the birds... EmptyNovember 9th 2012, 7:36 pm

Knock Knock....

"Hey Raven. Got a minute?"

Raven sighed, not even bothing to turn around from her seat on the ground to face the door. Before Rae took one last calming breath, she unweaved her legs from her meditation position. The black haired girl was thankful the boy wonder was decent enough to knock on the door first before bardging into her little sanctuary.

That was one thing Raven admired about Robin, his sence of respect. Robin was very collected in comparison to her other teammates. Star could be very giggly and cy and BB could be extremely loud. Sometimes it was nice to have a little quiet.

Raven got and blew out the vanilla scented candles before switching on the light. "Yea, come in..." She muttered, her monotone voice bouncing of the walls of the otherwise silent room.

Rae walked over and opened the door, a sign that Robin was alowed to enter the gloomy bedroom. "What's up?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Deputy Chief Admin
Robin

Nexxus Card

For the birds... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the birds...   For the birds... EmptyNovember 9th 2012, 8:32 pm

Dick entered when he was invited and had to squint slightly to see Raven. After the brightness of the hall, the dark of her quarters made it difficult to tell one thing apart from the other. His eyes adapted quickly, however. He stepped just far enough into the room to make the sensor which closed the doors register that he was no longer on the threshold so it would close.

"An old friend of mine has asked a favor of me. I'm inclined to follow through, but there's a time constraint that doesn't lend itself to conventional travel." he said, his demeanor uncommonly formal. Dealing with the old city didn't always agree with him... "I was hoping you'd be willing to give me a ride and help me with this situation. Seems there's a thief targeting high-value technology all over Gotham."

This thief of Babs's must have been very good if she, whoever she was, could avoid the Batgirl. It was no easy feat to avoid one of Bruce Wayne's students. But with him and Raven on the case, this thief's odds of success went down dramatically. All the others were tied up. If Raven said no, he'd have to figure out how to get Cy to let him borrow the T-ship. And even then, it would give the thief that much longer to strike again...
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

Nexxus Card
Nexxus ID: B.C

For the birds... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the birds...   For the birds... EmptyNovember 11th 2012, 4:54 pm

Raven watched as the boy wonder walked in, a bit on edge. Even though she kind of trusted all of her team mates, she always felt a bit off in one of them was in her room. It was her space, a piece of her. Ever since she was a child she had to control every emotion, letting no one in. It made her unsure and defencive....and over protective of her room.

"An old friend of mine has asked a favor of me. I'm inclined to follow through, but there's a time constraint that doesn't lend itself to conventional travel." He explained, his voice oddly formal and careful...

"I was hoping you'd be willing to give me a ride and help me with this situation. Seems there's a thief targeting high-value technology all over Gotham." Raven tilted her head on a angle slightly as she concidered. She could tell he was slightly...bothered by it. Maybe because it was about the city he once helped defend?

A silence engolfed the darkness for a momment before Raven nodded. "Alright, I can teleport you there. But I am not sure how fast I can get you there..." she said, tapping her chin.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Deputy Chief Admin
Robin

Nexxus Card

For the birds... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the birds...   For the birds... EmptyNovember 11th 2012, 10:16 pm

"We have to get there tonight." Dick insisted with a sigh. "This... person is stealing military grade weapon designs. The more she steals, the more dangerous the situation becomes. The faster we get there, the faster we catch them. The faster we catch them, the less likely it is that some warlord is going to get his hands on a design that even the United States government thought was too cruel to employ."

Really, that was his chief concern here. Thieves were criminals and should be stopped, but they weren't exactly the most concerning thing to him. Murderers, rapists, supervillains. Those were the subjects of his greatest worries. Every moment they were left to their own devices was another moment they could harm someone. A thief took things, but their crimes were more often bloodless than not. They had no idea what this thief of theirs was doing with these plans. They could have been sold to anyone. It had to stop.

"We need to go."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For the birds... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the birds...   For the birds... Empty

Back to top Go down

For the birds...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Paradox :: Gotham City-
Jump to: